The protein in this puzzle is type of crystallin, a transparent protein found in eyes. As the puzzle name implies, this particular protein is found in cow eyes. There are several types of crystallin, and this protein is considered a "gamma b" type.
The puzzle protein has 88 segments with the sequence:
The sequence is found in these Protein Data Bank entries:
- 4W9B (chain A, offset 87)
- 4W9A (chain A, offset 87)
- 4GCR (chain A, offset 86)
- 1I5I (chain A, offset 86)
- 1GCS (chain A, offset 86)
- 1DSL (chain A, offset 60)
- 1AMM (chain A, offset 86)
The puzzle protein does not have any disulfide bridges.
This puzzle does not have any ligands.
This puzzle has a single chain.
See players' solutions from previous visits this puzzle: