|"This interface design puzzle is similar to Puzzle 391. There is a loop at the interface which is designable, but this time you are able to insert up to five residues, and we are using the new disembodied sidechain representation (for Phe 310). See this blogpost (http://fold.it/portal/node/989141) for more info about this new representation and if you are new to Foldit, make sure you have completed the Introductory Design Puzzles (6-1 through 6-4). "|
It was a design puzzle.
The top score was 11480 (evolver score by djag).
Several people kindly posted screenshots of their top solutions:
(Note: this list contains broken links due to some cleanup by the Foldit team. Fortunately, some of the images were uploaded to the wiki, which is why the galleries still work.)
- djag's 1st place solution:
- CFC's 2nd place solution:
- grabhorn's 3rd place solution:
- Mark-'s 4th place solution:
- Bletchley Park's 5th place solution:
- BootsMcGraw's 1st place solution:
- Mark-'s 2nd place solution:
- CFC's 3rd place solution:
- auntdeen's 4th place solution:
- Popijon's 5th place solution:
Scores for <150 and <15 groups were close to the unrestricted puzzles. Many top scores had the full 5 additional residues added.
The top scoring solutions for this puzzle were those that added the full complement of five residues and made a large number of sidechain-to-sidechain hydrogen bonds. The top scoring solo solution had every sidechain but one on the active loop making hydrogen bonds, for a total of seventeen.